I still remember the day I met Jemedari. It was during his KAYA album launch at Michael Joseph Centre, 5 years ago!
Since then I have watched him evolve and transform both in look and sound, while still keeping true to his Giriama roots.
On this episode of the Top 5 with LaMusicJunkie podcast, I sit down with the Kenyan hiphop general. We discuss the (sometimes weird) backstories behind songs from his 2017 KAYA album and 2022 Suits & Mics EP. And how the Kenyan musician transitioned from melodic Swahili tunes to classy hiphop jazz.
Tune in to discover:
- How his song got on the famous Green Calabash vlog
- How he become a brand ambassador for 56 Authentique suits
- What inspired his Kenyan hiphop jazz Suits & Mics EP
- The big names on his next hiphop jazz project
- What a soundcheck rapper is
And much more.
Like our first interview on my award-winning radio show The Music Junkies 5 years ago, we had loads of fun. Get ready for puns!
If you enjoyed this episode of The Top 5 with LaMusicJunkie, consider rating us on Podchaser. Your review means the world to me. And your feedback keeps us going!